Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 101

Thread: Holiday Gift Basket

  1. #91
    Inactive Member Gomunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2006
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think a cute way to present everything to her is to start with the accesories (including Yank and Bennett), doll outfits, dolls, then the girl size clothes.
    Oh, another idea. Do a tresure hunt and leave a gift and a clue in each spot. And maybe use some AG trivia too since she has read a lot of the books.

  2. #92
    Inactive Member muppetquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2006
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Her pastor will be delivering all the goodies, as well as some things for her mom, on Christmas Eve. I think everything needs to be fairly well contained to make that delivery simple-- I'm sure Pastor will be busy Christmas Eve!

  3. #93
    Inactive Member Gomunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2006
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by MuppetQuilter:
    Her pastor will be delivering all the goodies, as well as some things for her mom, on Christmas Eve. I think everything needs to be fairly well contained to make that delivery simple-- I'm sure Pastor will be busy Christmas Eve!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">True. I don't know why I didn't think about that. I'm sure the Pastor will have a long nihgt, but a very fulfilling one.

  4. #94
    Inactive Member muppetquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2006
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was thinking... maybe Pastor could go to the door with Emily, in her box, wrapped. E could open Emily and have that moment to savour having her very own AG. Then she could be given Molly, Yank and Bennet in the carrier basket, the bin full of AG goodies, and the wrapped gifts. What do you think?

    I think there is something so special about a child getting her first AG, I'd like E to have that moment before she is completely overwhelmed in AG goodness beyond her wildest dreams. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #95
    Inactive Member Gomunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2006
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by MuppetQuilter:
    I was thinking... maybe Pastor could go to the door with Emily, in her box, wrapped. E could open Emily and have that moment to savour having her very own AG. Then she could be given Molly, Yank and Bennet in the carrier basket, the bin full of AG goodies, and the wrapped gifts. What do you think?

    I think there is something so special about a child getting her first AG, I'd like E to have that moment before she is completely overwhelmed in AG goodness beyond her wildest dreams. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What about putting them in a big box together? Do you have a box for Molly? If not, I think you may be able to get one from AG (very bottom of the AG Playthings Replacement Code list). That way when she opens the box she'll be able to enjoy them both at the same time. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #96
    Inactive Member XIAOMEOW's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2006
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The package is in the mail.

  7. #97
    Inactive Member AG Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2006
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you HB Members!!! Today's mail included:

    Molly's
    meet skirt & hat
    red purse
    robe
    aviator outfit
    fuzzy wuzzies

    flannel pj's like Emily's
    beachside outfit
    Coconut best friend outfit
    hair brush
    pretty blue floral dress

    I will post new pics tomorrow. Thanks again.

  8. #98
    Inactive Member muppetquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2006
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi everyone! Now that HB is back (hurray) I thought I'd give a quick update.

    First, if I have failed to list your donation in the first post please accept my apology. There are an awful lot of donations to keep track of and I may have missed one or two along the way. Feel free to post or PM me.

    Second, WOW! Look at the lists of what we have for E and what is pending! Pretty darn impressive. Thank you all so much! We have surpassed our wildest dreams for this gift basket thanks to the generosity of so many of our AG friends. Thank you all.

    I placed another AG order for E today (love the code). I believe we will continue accepting donations and anything that arrives too late for the holiday gift will be delivered for E's birthday in the spring. Is that right, Mari?

    Thanks everyone!

  9. #99
    Inactive Member AG Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2006
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If anything arrives after the delivery on Chrsitmas Eve I can:

    a) leave the gift with Pastor for later delivery
    b) make a Valentine or Easter basket for E with the items

    If you have a donation that you know will be here late, just adivise me as to how you want it delivered. I will make sure E gets her goodies either way.

    Annika and I are thrilled to know that so many HB members have opened their hearts to this child. Thank you all so much.

  10. #100
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with the idea of giving her just one doll first, before the floodgate opens and she just loses the moment! It looks like the pastor will need an assistant to carry all those things. Could one person ring the doorbell and give her the doll to open, while the assistants hide everything else? I think prolonging that first moment of total joy would be so great.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •